Do it yourself Auto Body Education

Ask you basic tech questions here.
rustybucket
Site Admin

Do it yourself Auto Body Education

Post by rustybucket » Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:12 pm

We have been burning the midnight oil so to speak hear at Classicpickups.com.

We have done a couple of Frame Off restorations and some partial restorations in the past.  When I say we I mean I and Brad have done most of the cleanup work and mechanical work.  The body work was left to the body shop.If we want to continue to do any more restorations, we are going to have to learn to do the body work ourselves.  Like most of you, we can’t afford to drop $10,000 to $15,000 each time on a high quality paint job.

So we have been scouring the Internet and looking at this book and that book to get information on body work and painting.  We know it is probably just a matter of getting over the fear of doing it.

We finally found Kevin Tetz’s Pantucation.com website.  If he looks familiar, you have probably seen him on Spike TV’s powerblock shows.  Brad purchased his whole line of DVD’s and I have been watching them at night before I doze off.  I have to say the tips are great and I feel a lot more confident about doing some body work on one of Brad’s projects and ultimately on the Scout II project.
paintucation.jpg
paintucation.jpg (8.9 KiB) Viewed 20760 times
I would reccomend you get your hands on a copy of his DVD’s and go over to the web site and log into the forums.  Kevin answers a lot of the questions posted himself.

Ultimately over the next 6 or so months we will find out if he can teach an old dog like RustyBucket to do body work and paint an old truck.

Till later.. RustyBucket