Classicpickups.com Forums

News: Sign up for an account, it's free!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Parts Wanted / 53-56 F100 front backing plates
« Last post by george.barnes.754 on December 06, 2017, 09:45:58 AM »
ISO a set of 53-56 Ford F100 front brake backing plates

Sent from my LG-K373 using Tapatalk

General Discussion / Re: Bug protection
« Last post by RustyBucket on May 10, 2017, 06:53:48 AM »
The only thing I have used in the past are the deflectors.  Can't add anything on the bras.
General Discussion / Bug protection
« Last post by 54R112 on May 07, 2017, 10:21:37 PM »
Does anyone out there have some good knowledge of what to look for in terms of high quality protection from bug splatters on the front end ?  I know there are various outfits that sell these   "bras"   for the grille/bumper/hood/etc.   Thing is, I don't want to buy something that ends up doing more damage  ( in terms of scratching the paint )    than it prevents from the bugs & road trash.  If anyone has an  "inside track"  on what kind of material to look for-----or, to avoid-----, I'd appreciate it loads !!!!!
Reader Builds / 56S100's 1928 International Six Speed Special Restoration
« Last post by RustyBucket on April 13, 2017, 02:19:37 PM »
I know we are Binder heavy here right now, but that's what we have in the building, so that's what we can show you.

My son Brad (56S100) has been looking for a Six Speed Special for awhile and one came up on an auction close by last weekend.  So he bought it.

20170409_164708.jpg20170409_164733.jpg

So hang on, this one will be fun.
Parts Wanted / Re: IHC
« Last post by RustyBucket on April 08, 2017, 08:00:58 PM »
Might have found a hood ornament for you.  Try to get pictures on Monday.
General Discussion / Re: Welcome to ClassicPickups.com!
« Last post by RustyBucket on April 07, 2017, 08:11:28 AM »
Locked means that users can no longer post to the topic.  Kind of like shutting down the topic. 

I will most likely use that option if it is just an announcement of some kind.  It can also be used if things get out of hand and we want to cool things off.

I can also sticky things so that they always show up at the top of the forum.  We would us this for important things we want to have users see and not require them to search through a long list of topics.

Another good source for information is the "Help" menu item at the top.  In particular the "Posting Section" section.

And always, just post a question here and I will try to answer it to the best of my ability.

RustyBucket
« Last post by 54R112 on April 06, 2017, 11:08:40 PM »
Okay,..........the padlock means the subject has been   "locked".........what does that mean?----locked, so that I, nor anybody else, can see it??
locked, so that it can't be inadvertently deleted??      locked, to protect it from.....??......something dangerous??      Who locks it?  Does it ever get  "unlocked" ??   If so, under what circumstances ??
See what I mean?----I'm completely ignorant regarding website  "lingo".   But I can't believe there aren't other dinosaurs out there, reading my dumb questions, and thinking to themselves,  "Yeah, what DOES that mean?"
Once again, thanks for your indulgence !!!
« Last post by RustyBucket on April 06, 2017, 09:21:47 AM »
Believe me, there is no such thing as a stupid question on this forum!

Do you mean the icon just to the left of the subject?  If so, those are just smiley's one can add to the reply or message.

The padlock means the subject has been locked.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

RustyBucket
« Last post by 54R112 on April 05, 2017, 07:17:58 PM »
I have a stupid question:   On the various postings, at the left side of the page, there are several symbols------padlock, clipboard (I think), and a couple others that I can't quite figure out.  I've tried putting my cursor on them, to click & see what they reveal, but they don't respond to the cursor.  What gives with that? 
I wouldn't mind getting involved with the   "Discussion"    forum, but  ( for me ate least ),  the site doesn't seem very  "user-friendly".   I'm the first to admit that I'm a dinosaur, and not very computer-literate----------like I said, I consider this question to be pretty dumb, cause I'm sure lots of guys  (and gals)  will read this posting and mutter,  "What cave did this guy just crawl out of?!!"   But, if things on the screen won't even respond by turning the cursor arrow into a cursor "hand", and show what's behind those  "doors", then I just log out and move on to another site.   :-\
Anyhow, that's my dumb question for the day.  Thanks for indulging me !
Parts Wanted / Re: IHC
« Last post by 54R112 on April 01, 2017, 05:32:23 PM »
Yeah, that'd be fine.
Thanks again for your efforts !

t
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6