Classicpickups.com Forums

News: Welcome to Classicpickups.com!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New carb  (Read 287 times)

CowboyTroy

• View Profile
New carb
« on: March 05, 2017, 09:05:26 AM »
Advertisement
I have a carb on a 350 in my '72 chevy that I want to replace.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  Have you used Edelbrooke, Holly?  Should I consider fuel injection? Any suggestions would be helpful.

RustyBucket

• RustyBucket
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Classicpickups.com
    • Email
Re: New carb
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2017, 11:27:36 AM »
First, welcome to the forum!

That's a good question and it kind of depends on what experience you have and what you expect the outcome to be.

The Edelbrock carbs are good performers and are pretty easy to tune out of the box.  If you go that way, make sure you buy the tuning kit so you have the rods and jets to set it up for your engine.  You should be able to tune it right out of the box with the instructions they send you.  They also have some pretty cool finishes you can order them with.

Holly carbs are a little more tunable, but they take a little more time to master the technique.  If you go this way, I would make sure I had a buddy or some resource that could help you with it.

As far as fuel injection is concerned, it makes starting easier, but on most of these trucks, it will not improve mileage that much.  I am putting a TBI set on the Scout I am working on, Hamilton Fuel injection has a kit out for the Internationals and he is a great at tech support.

I did notice that Holly has put out the Sniper Self-Tuning kits that look interesting.  If they work, they would be an easy fit.

Let us know if you have any more questions and how it turns out.